Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Prairie Cheer ~ Power Poppy


Hello friends!!  Power Poppy will be releasing 3 new Clear Stamp sets on Friday the 19th, called Nature and Nurture, and you definitely will want to take a gander at these new images.  Marcy has done it again, and today we're previewing the set called Prairie Cheer.  It has three beautiful images along with 4 uplifting sentiments along with their  floral names.  I used the Coneflower along with it's coordinating name for my card today.

http://powerpoppy.com/ products/prairie-cheer

I've been stepping out of my box lately and trying new things.  Some successful, and some, not-so-much.  But at least I'm trying, right?   Today, I started by coloring with my new Zig Clean Color Markers.  (enabled by dear Dina Kowel)  I stamped the image onto Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock with Versafine and heat set it.  I then proceeded to color the image with the Zig markers.  No water pen needed or used.  The colors blend beautifully on their own.  It was quick and easy.  I then cut out the image and adhered it to a tag diecut piece of cardstock.  To add the sentiment, I used my Mini-Misti to get the sentiment placed exactly where I wanted it.  I curved it a little to fit with the stem.

For my other "out-of-the-box" attempt, I used bright colors.  This is very hard for me.  And, I used a lot of patterns...also very hard.    I don't know how I feel about the card itself, but I do know I LOVE this Power Poppy Coneflower as well as the lovely sentiments in this set.  I am looking forward to coloring up the wheat next!!  :)

Zig Markers:  029 Geranium Red, 050 Yellow, 028 Pale Pink, 048 Emerald Green, 045 Pale Green, 053 Yellow Green, 063 Ochre

That's it for me today.  Stop by for another preview Power Poppy's newest sets due to be released on the 19th

For some more inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigaders:
Thank you so much for dropping by!!
  Happy Stamping!
_____________________________________________________________________

StampsPrairie Cheer (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Tim Holtz Disress Watercolor Cardstock, Fall Blessing (Carta Bella), Fall is in the Air (Echo Park), Smokey Gray (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Build a Tag One (Spellbinders), Stitched Basic Edges (Die-Namics MFT), Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles (JustRite Dies)
Accessories:  Zig Clean Color Markers, Mini-Misti, Enamel Dots (MME), Gold Cord 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fore Warning...this one is a case. I love this card and the stamp set, so glad I stopped by. Have a lovely day,
Tosha

Allison Cope said...

This is so pretty Tosh! I love the colours you chose to use! So warm and inviting! Great card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Tosh this is such a great fall card! I like the colors of your flower, the papers are perfect fall feeling. Great sketch to top it off!

auntbubbels said...

I too love the colors you chose. Getting ready for fall cards.

Happy Stamper said...

Beautiful job!! Love the DSP too!!!!

-Irene
mrsirenegarcia@yahoo.com

auntbubbels said...

I love love love the 3D effect. Absolutely gorgeous.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Tosh, this is gorgeous! I love how you colored the flower with Zig markers that I too was enabled by Dina! I love the fussy cutting and how you used the tags and all the DP! It's fabulous, and while its out of your box, it's GORGEOUS! Hugs, sweet friend!

Katie Sims said...

Well you may be undecided about the success of your card, but I think it is gorgeous! I love all of the bright, cheery colors, the pretty patterns you chose, and the layered tag seals the deal. Lest I forget to mention your beautiful coloring, the added detail of curving your sentiment, and all of your perfectly placed enamel dots. You thought of everything! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs