Friday, August 12, 2016

One Fly Guy ~ Power Poppy


Hello my creative friends!!  Happy Friday!  I am excited to share my card with you today because I tried something totally new to me... I made some clouds with Copics.  Before I share why I'm so excited about that, let me tell you about the set I used and why.

Today I used one of Power Poppy's newer digital sets called Fly Guy.  I don't know any fly fishermen, but my husband and kids love to deep sea fish.  So, I made this card for my husband for that reason and one other.  

I know the sentiment is supposed to apply to "fly-fishing"...but that doesn't apply here.  So, I thought it could apply to the fly infestation that takes over our dairy farm in the summer months.  Am I reaching?  Probably!!  But believe me...if you lived here during the summer, you would so get it.  We are constantly swatting flies in the the house all summer long, and even into the Fall months some years!  Thankfully though,  not as much as when the kids were younger and they were running in and out of the house without closing the doors fast enough.  That is definitely a skilled practiced and learned quickly on a dairy farm.  "City Slickers" (Please don't take offense with that term.  I use it lightly and with affection, because believe me...my husband deemed me one when he met me, and even after being married for over 27 years, and all of them on the farm, he still says I haven't earned the "farmer" moniker because I was born and raised in town...*sigh*) are always warned when visiting, to NEVER EVER leave a door open.  Open and close IMMEDIATELY!!   So this card is meant for more of a joke.  Although the image is anything but a joke.  

I LOVE how Marcella drew this with the rocks and awesome cattails (I adore cattails) in the background!!  I decided I wanted to add some clouds to the sky though, but had no idea how to go about it using Copics.  So, I scoured Pinterest.  I used the Kit and Clowder Tutorial found HERE as a guide.  I didn't want cute fluffy clouds for this masculine image, so I made mine more wispy, and was really happy with the look for my first time.  I need practice for sure, but it's a start, and we all improve the more times we do it, right?!?!

Anyway, that sums up my card and the story behind it today.  I hope I've inspired you to get coloring and maybe even try something new.

For some more Power Poppy inspiration today, check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:
CopicsFisherman ~ B39, B37, B34, YG99, YG7, YG95, YG93, E44, E43, E41 Rocks ~ T7, T5, T3, T1, YR31, YG91 Fish ~ BG96, BG93, BG90, R00, YG00, C1, C0 Water ~ BG96, BG93, BG90, YG91 Sky ~ B00, B000, B0000 Clouds ~ C2, C1, C0, C000

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/08/apples-in-season-digi-remix-august.html

Also, I want to remind you that there's a fun new Power and Spark Challenge going on over at the Power Poppy Blog.  We'd love to have you join us.  I didn't participate this week because, shoot...my image took up the whole card so I couldn't CASE a sketch...lol




Thank you so much for dropping by!!
Have a super fabulous weekend!

  Happy Stamping!
_______________________________________________________________________

StampsFly Guy (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Smokey Gray and Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles (JustRite)
Accessories:  Copics 

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is GORGEOUS, and your clouds and sky are amazing! I watched the video, and you have this technique down completely! Kudos! And what a fun story about flies and your DH! Hehe! Having spent many a summer on my uncle's dairy farms, I get it about the flies! Yikes! But I know he is going to chuckle at the sentiment and love the card. It's beautifully done, and you are amazing! And I really do love this image with all the wonderful details Marcy added to it. So, City Slicker, have a great weekend! Hehe! Big hugs!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful scene card. Love it.

Conniecrafter said...

Excellent coloring and love how you did the sky too, terrific masculine card

Stacy Morgan said...

I totally took offense... city slicker... sheesshhh... ;-) You know I am kidding. Especially since your town would be a city compared to mine. hee hee This is so cool. Awesome guy card, the water looks amazing!

Katie Sims said...

WOW Tosh! You really outdid yourself coloring up this image! Of course, you completely did Marcella proud with her image, but let me say....those clouds....I don't have the words. Amazing, right? Well, ok, I did think of a few after all....they are so totally perfect for this image! Very smart to keep the card layout so clean so your beautiful image and coloring shine. I got QUITE a giggle about your fly story and city slickers...now, I wasn't born on a farm either, but for anyone that has heard my southern drawl...I don't think "city slicker" would be the first thing they thought of....lol! Lol...love this Tosh! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs