Friday, June 17, 2016

Rose and Chamomile ~ Power Poppy




Hello friends!!  Are you ready for the weekend?  The only thing I have planned for this weekend is stamping my heart away!  Power Poppy will be releasing 7 new Clear Stamp Sets this next week, and we will be hopefully inspiring you with some fabulous ways to use them starting June 24.

http://powerpoppy.com/collections/digital-stamps/products/rose-and-chamomile
But first...I have a card to share using Power Poppy's newest digital image called Rose and Chamomile.  The Instant Gardeners showcased it on the 15th.  In case you didn't get to see what these uber talented designers shared, here is a link to the Power Poppy Blog which includes a link list to all those participating.

I went a "tad" whimsical with my rose today.  My daughter informed me, that for me, this is whimsical.  However, for true whimsical artists, this isn't even close.  See all the white dots I added?  Now that's whimsy..........for me.  I think I got a bit carried away, but I think it's rather fun.

I also hauled out my Minc Machine again.  I hadn't used it since Christmas, and thought this beautifully elegant rose deserved to be framed in the most elegant way I could.  So, I photocopied the Decorative Labels Twenty-Eight die (Spellbinders) onto White Cardstock, added Matte Gold Foil over it, and ran it through my Minc Machine.  I then diecut it using the same die, and this is the result.  Isn't it just so delicate and shiny?  For the sentiment banner, I first printed out the sentiment, layed the banner die over it (it has to have an opening to work), then ran it through my photocopier.  After that, I added the Matte Gold Foil, and once again, ran it through the Minc Machine.  I LOVE how it's framed.  I have a close-up view below.


I wanted the background to be embossed, and didn't have an embossing folder large enough to cover the whole background, so I split it in two.  I decided where I wanted a blank area to be for the ribbon, marked it with a faint pencil line, and embossed each end up to that line.  I then scored a couple of lines on the back side to frame the blank strip.

Now, I also wanted the background to have a matte gold frame, and didn't have a die large enough to Minc the border.  So I cut the matting to size, rounded the corners, and used my 18KT Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon) to edge it.

Lastly, I added an organza ribbon which I lightly (and I mean lightly) heated with my heating tool to give it some curves and texture.  If you hold the heat tool too close for too long, the ribbon will melt into a blob.


http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/06/so-much-happy.htmlWhew...that's finally it for today.  Be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigaders for some more inspiration this week.


And don't forget to join us for our Power and Spark Challenge.  Cindy is encouraging us to send some Happy Mail, and we would love to see what you come up with!! 




CopicsRose ~ BV08, BV17, BV13, BV02, BV00 Leaves BG99, BG96, BG93, BG90, E55, YG0000, Pods ~ Y17, Y15, Y13, RV63 Chamomile ~ RV55, RV63, R35, YG05, C3 Background ~ C4, C2, C0

Thanks for dropping by!
   Happy Stamping!

____________________________________________________________________________

StampsRose and Chamomile (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, White (PTI)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Labels 28, Decorative Labels 28, Ribbon Banners (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Minc Machine, Photo Copier, Embossing Folder (We R Memory Keepers), ScorPal, Organza Ribbon, 18KT Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon), White Signo Gel Pen, Dimensional Tape, 1" Corner Rounder (SU!) 

12 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Tosh this is STUNNING!!! I just love the way you coloured this - the blue rose is AMAZING, not to mention all the shiny gold detailing and that lovely embossed background. I am in AWE!!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Be still my heart because it is truly thumping right now! I will simply echo everything Kathy said, seeing as how you've left me speechless. I will just add one thing: Holy cow!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Wowser, Absolutely Stunning Tosh. I love every bit of this card, the colors, the gold, the detail of the embossing and the frame. Even love those white dots, I think that really drew my eye to all the detail.
Great work!

Karen W said...

Wow this is beyond pretty, I totally love the purple on the rose and the whole card is so elegant. Just gorgeous!!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely stunning Tosha. I love the gold and the white highlights. Gorgeous.

newbie85 said...

Absolutely an ELEGANT card!!!! Its so soft looking and royal with all the gold!!!! The coloring of your image is just beautiful! I love the way you split the embossing with that gorgeous ribbon and the beautiful bow! The whole card is spectacular, to say the least!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Whatever your version of whimsy is - I think it’s gorgeous! From the pillow embossed texture in the background, the gold and the little dots....it’s such a beauty Tosh!

JoAnn said...

Wow, I have to agree with everyone, this is so stunning. Love all the gorgeous details.

Earline said...

Stunning card Tosh love it. Also love the color you choose for the flower

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, there just aren't enough words adequate to describe the beauty of this card! From your amazing (whimsical) coloring to the gold (wow!) and then to the beautiful layout! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW! Like Leslie, my heart was thumping....hehe! And while I would love a MINC machine (especially after seeing Miss Becca use it), I just don't have enough space nor time. But you can always delight us with beautiful work like this one! Oh my, I LOVE it, my friend! And I love the dots...not too many and so beautifully done! Big hugs, sweet friend, and keep on coloring! Looking forward to seeing the new sneak peeks soon! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Gasp!!! Holy cow... that gold framing is fantastic. Not to mention your gorgeous coloring on the bloom. Oh my... Tosh this is simply gorgeous.

Allison Cope said...

GASP... good golly Tosha, it's ah-mazing! I love not only your colours but I love the touches of white ink. Incredible girlie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs