Friday, May 13, 2016

Watercolored Magnolias ~ Power Poppy




http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/05/power-spark-challenge-may-flowers.html
Hello my creative friends!!  I've been absent for awhile, but am excited to share my latest Power Poppy card with you!  This month, Katie has challenged us to pick our favorite Power Poppy flower for the Power and Spark Challenge.  Well, that is next to impossible with all the great images Marcy has designed.  Seriously!!  So, I decided to color the Magnolia branch from the Planning for Magnolias set.  I love this image, and thought it would be fun to watercolor it after being embossed with white ep on watercolor paper.  I love how it turned out. I used Gansai Tambi Watercolors by Kurtake.  I'll list the numbers I used below.

The sentiment is from the Clear set called Olive and Oak Expanded Stamp Set.

Here's a close up so you can see the pearl effect.  The Tambi's have metallics included and they really add a fun punch to the image.



Watercolor numbersMagnolias ~ 31, 32, 95 Stems ~ 47, 46, 95 Leaves ~ 51, 95 Background ~ 40, 33

That's it for my project today.  Be sure to check out the following Bloom Brigade blogs for some more incredible inspiration!
Thank you so much for visiting today!  I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend!
 
   Happy Stamping!
_____________________________________________________________________________

Paper:  Watercolor, Tangerine ~ Hopscotch (Fancy Pants), White and Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Whisper White (SU!), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Regal Allure (Spellbinders) Primitive Hearts #3 (Sizzix)
Accessories:  Gansai Tambi Watercolors (Kuretake), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Seam Binding, Button (PTI), Rhinestone, Sewing Machine, felt

10 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Lovely colored flowers.Love the sentiment too.
Gr, Elly

Ps,I have a blogcandy.

Tricia T said...

Wow. I am smitten with those flowers! What gorgeous pearl effect the watercolors give. LOVE!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is so soft and gorgeous, and the magnolias are gorgeous! I love the background you've softly painted to make them pop! WOW, this is GORGEOUS! And I LOVE the layout with this gorgeous die and beautiful DP you've stitched together...and your finishing touch of this beautiful ribbon, button, and heart give it all a vintage feel. Stunning!! Love it, sweet friend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Simply gorgeous, Tosh! I love the watercoloring with white embossing. I just came from Christine's and her Inktense coloring, and now I see these beautiful, shimmery Tambi watercolors. Sheesh! Can one have too many coloring mediums? I hope not, because I would love to have both of these. Beautiful card design with the dies, ribbon, and button. My heart flutters!

Lisa Lara said...

oh what a beauty Tosha. Just gorgeous.

Stacy Morgan said...

Tosh this is wonderful. Adore the embossing with the shading it adds an elegance factor. Your frame is totally cool and oh what springy soft colors. Gorgeous card.

ChristineCreations said...

This is so elegant Tosh, that die is awesome and your watercolouring with the pearlescent effect is amazing!

Kathy Jones said...

SWOON!!! Oh Tosh, this is just GORGEOUS!! I love the watercolour effect and I love the dies you used to and the pretty patterned paper....sigh it's just sooooooo pretty!!! <3

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous!!

Linda Carson said...

Quite a stunning beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs