Saturday, March 29, 2014

Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1 ~ PowerPoppy





Get that toe a-tapping, because this set will have you Celebrating Good Times -- Come On! Build up those Buttercups in your life. Tell the crazy chicks you hang with that they are way too Superfly! We can almost guarantee you'll break into song while you stamp these musical memories. Mix and match the sentiments and graphics to create combinations that will have your besties saying, "Word Up!" This 4" by 6" set -- Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1 -- was hand-drawn from the wonderfully creative pen of Marcella Hawley.


This is a super fun set filled with a plethora of combinations!!  I had a hard time choosing what images I wanted to work with.  I tend to gravitate towards feathers, but I thought it would be fun to use one of the horns with a fun spray of sparkly noise using sequins and glitter.  Yes, I used glitter again...it's so hard not to.  It just feels like I'm celebrating a little more when I use it.  I colored the horn with Copics, popped it up with dimensional tape, scored the background panels, punched a border and added some Washi Tape.  An easy-peasy one layer card.


So, now that you have a little tune stuck in your head, why not dance it out? Twist on over and see the rest of the Bloom Brigade!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Tomorrow's set is sure to take your breath away. It's a beautiful botanical that symbolizes the strength and beauty of women and this illustration is 100% Marcella Hawley! Stop on back to see for yourself!

Happy Stamping!

_________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1 (PowerPoppy)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories:  Copics, Border Punch (EK Success), Washi Tape (My Mind's Eye), Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal Rock Candy Glitter (Ranger), Scor-Pal, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

13 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Well --- I have a boatload of washi tape and sequins that never get used and your card is all the inspiration I need! Too FUN!!! It's just so happy - makes me SMILE! :-)

Cindy Lawrence said...

So fresh and FUN, Tosh...just like you! ;) Love the washi tapes you chose, different shades of green sequins, and that perfectly scored embossing!

Katie Sims said...

Oooooo, I just LOVE this Tosh!! The color combination, your layout, the glitter, just all of it!! Perfection a la Tosha! ;)

Joan V said...

Wow, this is such a fun card. Love all the sequins. I can just here the horn. LOL thanks for sharing.

Stacy Morgan said...

So fun and cute Tosh. I do like the sparkle myself. :-) Hope you had fun at tea today! Hugs

Mildred said...

A fun and lively card. (I can't participate in this blog hop because several designers do not have/use the Name/URL as an Identity choice.)

Leslie Miller said...

Awesome celebration card, Tosh! Love all the white space and sequins and sparkle!

dpkennedy said...

I love how you used the sequins! Oh, this is adorable and so much fun!

Liz Williams said...

What a fun card! Let the party begin!! Can April 1st get here fast enough??

Allison Cope said...

Totally awesome Tosh! Love the minty green with the black and white! Super clever use of the stamps!

Marcella Hawley said...

Girl, this is just plain COOL! The color scheme reminds me of a 1940s kitchen with jade-ite dishes and black-and-white tile. Love your festive take!

Ravengirl said...

How fun is this? Wonderful work!

ChristineCreations said...

I love the sense of direction each section has with the way the lines and dots go! Too cute. Gray/black and green are so great together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs