Monday, May 27, 2013

Waltzingmouse May Release Previews ~ Day 2

What a humbling day. I'd like to start off by thanking all the men, women and families that sacrifice so much for me and my family's safety and freedoms.   We are all so blessed because of the sacrifices of so many.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Now, let me share with you some cards with a patriotic theme, in honor of the men and women who serve this great country so bravely!

For today's Waltzingmouse Stamps preview, we are showcasing a set today called USA 1776, and it has a wonderful variety of images to help us celebrate our Independence Day.  Claire has truly thought of everything!  I can't stop the ideas from flowing!!




For my first card I made a dimensional star using two of the star point images that fit beautifully in the Spellbinders Star die.  I also included one of the sentiments along the bottom.




For this next card I took a CAS approach and included a collage of images.  I stamped the Statue of Liberty with Aloe Vera VersaMagic ink, and the fireworks were stamped with coordinating colors with glitter adhered to them using a Quickie Glue Pen.  I LOVE the 1776 Independence circle stamp, so I wanted to include that with the sentiment too.



Here's a close-up of the fireworks.  There are 4 different sizes and each one has a different pattern.  I have to say, the stars are my favorite.



Lastly, yet another CAS.  I can't help myself.  They're so fun and showcase the images beautifully.  I just laid some Washi Tape on the background for stripes, stamped the "Happy July 4th" sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine, and added some stars using Night Sky VersaMagic.  I finished it off with a couple of rounded corners and some rhinestones.


That brings today's post to a close.  Here's a list of all the blogs featuring today's USA 1776 set:


                       Tosha Leyendekker --you are here


Thanks so much for dropping by.  If you're from the United States, I hope you are celebrating our freedom and those who help provide that for us!

Happy Memorial Day!
_______________________________________________________________

Star Flag
Paper:  Glory (Authentiuqe), Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Vintage Photo and Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Star and Circle Dies (Spellbinders), Border Punch (EK Success), Scor-Buddy

Fireworks
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Aloe Vera, Night Sky and Red Magic (VersaMagic),  Smokey Gray and Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Guickie Glue Pen, Glitter, Corner Rounder Punch

Happy July 4th
Paper:  White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Night Sky (VersaMagic)
Accessories:  Rhinestones (Pizzazz-a-Plenty), Washi Tape (My Mind's Eye), Corner Rounder Punch

19 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WONDERFUL cards! Especially LOVE the first one - such great design and wonderful colors!

Angelnorth said...

Three great projects Tosha! Love the glittery fireworks and collage of images on the second one!

Kary said...

Gorgeous cards!! Such a cool set for the patriotic cards.

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards. I love the vintage feel to your first card, but I adore the more CAS fireworks!

Ann said...

AWESOME!!
Mstgane
ANN

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the glittered fireworks, the diagonal "Washi" tape and all the details on each one!

Vickie Z said...

Love them all!! This set is fabulous!! Can't wait to get it in my hands!!

Bumblebee said...

Tosh I absolutely adore the first card. The kraft with mainly red looks so amazing.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Tosh, Tosh, Tosh...you are amazing, my friend! Your first card took my breath away! I adore the 3-d look you gave the star! Pure rustic, country charm! And your CAS cards...girl, you are on FIRE! LOVE them!!

Renee said...

Tosh these are stunning!!
You took my breath with the star...
simply perfect!!
Love it!
And the Statue...
the washi...
they're all gorgeous!! :)

Unknown said...

those fireworks are the bees knees Tosha, LOVE how they turned out!!! All of your cards are superb, I love the distressed star on the first card and the striped card is just amazing!! Glorious samples missy, hugs to you!

snowbear said...

Love the vintage look of the first card... the fireworks stamp is awesome... and I really like the stripes of the last card!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Awesome cards. http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601260557/

Becca Feeken said...

I love each and every one but the round star has my heart!! It's so awesomely vintage!

Donna Ellis said...

Tosh, wonderful patriotic cards, but I especailly like the Americana style star on top - wonderful colors and layers, and so much dimension. It "feels" like Old Glory. hugs, de

Marybeth said...

Love all three! That star is just amazing, so loving that one!

Fay Marie said...

Beautiful cards! Love them all!

Pauline said...

All fabulous cards, I love the textures, and the great designs!

Janis said...

I LOVE those fireworks!!! Love the star one the best, too. Did your glue pen have a star shape or does it just look like a star because of the naturally jagged edges of the glitter?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs