Monday, September 12, 2011

One Love, One Lifetime

It's time for another Get Your Diva On challenge over in the Verve forum at Splitcoast Stampers. Would you like to be a guest diva for the next release? All you have to do is make a card following this theme, and link it in the Verve Forum by Sunday the 18th at 9pm mountain. Julee will pick a winner from all the entries.

This month Sankari is challenging us to go monochromatic. I'm not sure if I totally followed that line with the gray added in with the gold/ivory colors. I really tried. Believe me...I so wanted to add some soft blue/green colors (the other side of the dp's I used...:) But I refrained and stuck to these colors. I'm very proud of myself actually...*grin*

I needed an Anniversary card for some dear friends of ours who are celebrating 50 years of marriage. That is so hard to imagine. I haven't even hit the half-way mark yet. I love the set Love Story, so I stamped the "One love, One Lifetime" sentiment, with Onyx Black (Versafine), onto a piece that I first stamped with the lined image from the set Making a Statement. That was stamped with Smokey Gray (Versafine). I then diecut the piece with the Tagged Rectangle die, and added some hearts that I diecut with the Heart die set. I finished it off with some lace, a BoBunny Trinket and some Seam Binding Ribbon.

That about sums up today's card. Be sure to check out the challenge over in the Verve Forum for all the details on how you could be a guest diva!!

Thanks for visiting today.
Have a wonderful week and,
Happy Stamping!!

post signature

___________________________________________________

Stamps: Love Story and Making a Statement (Verve) Paper: Vintage Cream and Smokey Gray (PTI), Sunshine (Lost & Found MME) Ink: Smokey Gray and Onyx Black (Versafine), Black Soot (Ranger Distress) Accessories: Tagged Rectangle and Heart die set (Verve), Border Punches (MS), Lace (Wild Orchid Crafts), Embellishment Trinket (BoBunny), Seam Binding Ribbon (MemrieMare), Natural Burlap String (May Arts), Scor-Buddy, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

6 comments:

Marisa said...

So many wonderful details going on here Tosh :) Love the punched bottom of the card, the lace, cute use of the hearts, DPs, and all the rest too. A huge congrats to your friends on 50 years! I'll have to live looooong to make 50 years since I got married later in life but may just make it due to a good gene pool LOL! Have a great day :)

Pet73 said...

Such a pretty card! Great choice of papers! And the sketch is wonderful as well!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

your cards have such warmth to them.....they will cherish this

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous card, this is one of those cards that everything is just perfect, LOVE IT ALL!!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love the warm colors and the details of your card. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs